Amiracle PS-2 skimmer

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Guest, May 12, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

can anyone please help a british novice? i recently bought a new amiracle PS-2 but for the life of me cannot get the thing to skim! it has been running for a month (bubbles 1 inch into riser tube) but nothing >:(

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

What pumps are you using.
    I think they recomend the Hagen pro 1000
    and for air the Airwist 300
    It also says a needle valve is required
    Do you have all these bits.
    I would try to increase the air intake. then if that dosen't help increase water flow.
    Is the inside of the riser tube full of gunk. If so clean it first.

All of these products are not avalible in the US or Canada

4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Hey Levi Feel free to join our little group it would be very nice to have a person from GB on the site. We only have one other person from GB

Jason

5. Guest

Guest Guest

the shop sold me an aquaclear 800 and a "suitable" air pump! the powerhead is too porwefull so is teed to feed a fluidised filter (very big for a 600 gal). the water is half an inch above the outlet of the skimmer and the air is turned down to be an inch into the riser!! the riser is very clean (as new) all i have is fine white bubbles. is the sand filter working too well? cheers levi...(P.S. waiting for my membership details thanks..)

6. Guest

Guest Guest

cheers fellas i think ive cracked it!! just added another 5kg of fiji live rock and low and behold ive got foam!!! however it is rising up and down the riser!! how high up the riser do you think the bubbles should be?

7. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

[​IMG]

Salutations "Levi Major"...

"Sign on up" ... let us know about your "system" (& "self")

Lots to learn from here...

Would be great to have one from your side of the big pond in neighborhood... :D

Rgds,

OmarD

[​IMG]