Am I ready 4 anemone

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by DoorBoy, Oct 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DoorBoy

DoorBoy Bristle Worm

My tank was set up for a year prior but i moved in august and set it back up and it cracked due to a chip it obtained. Almost all the water had to be made new.

Some of the live rock was dried out and i stored the corals that werent already dead in a backup tank while i found a new tank

Well the tank has been setup and all levels have been stable for the last month or so.

Lighting is 265 W of PC (130 Day 130 Actinic), 110 T5 (actinic) and one 200 W metal halide 20000k

2. Click Here!

3. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

How much live rock dried out? how much total? How big of tank? I would think maybe wait a while to make sure everything is stable but someone else may be able to tell you more definitively.

4. DoorBoy

DoorBoy Bristle Worm

tank is a 55 gallon.. It has about 80 lbs of LR, i would say 50 Lbs in main tank was fairly dried out ..
    Sump has 4 Inch sand bed, with about 30-40 Lbs LR in it that remained full of water.

5. DoorBoy

DoorBoy Bristle Worm

also used biozyme to help re establish tank in a hurry

6. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

no, let it become established on its own time. this an anemone/clownfish tank and no corals right?

7. DoorBoy

DoorBoy Bristle Worm

8. Click Here!

9. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

I would wait it out. I know it sucks waiting (have been waiting 9 months to get my anemone) but much better off in the end.