all of my fish are dead or dying PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Wrasse Fan, Apr 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Wrasse Fan

Wrasse Fan Spaghetti Worm

Alright well i confermed there is no stray voltage, the LFS tests all agreed with mine so it wasent water quality either. For lack of anything else i would say the causes of death are low O2 levels and shock.

I hooked up the skimmer before leaving the house today but when i came home i found the body of the goby so 4 outa 5 are confermed dead. I'm really kickin myself in the arse about this esp. since i went to bed thinking i can hook up the skimmer the next morning but know im wondering if i stayed up a bit longer last night i could have hooked it up and help oxygenate the water.

thank you every one for the advice and condolences, i will start thinking of a stocking list and i will update everything in my show off your tank thread along with pictures of the tank.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

That's the way to go. You will make a positive out of this. I for one learned a LOT from your thread. I am sorry that it was someone's misfortune, but that is often how we have to learn the hardest lessons.

What matters is that you did not do anything out of pure neglect or to deliberately harm your fish. You will certainly have lots of backing and encouragement here as you start to restock.

best wishes,
    elizabeth

1 person likes this.
  4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I will admit that 5 years ago when I moved I did the exact same thing loosing 100% of my fish. It's not a horrible feeling but your not alone and everyone makes mistakes.

But just so you know Skimmers really don't contribute to dissolved O2 levels

J

1 person likes this.
  5. ccscscpc

ccscscpc Millepora

I read through this entire thread and I am sorry for what happened...that really stinks.

Hinesight is always 20/20 but as stated many times, you probably should have let the new tank run for at least a week before adding anything to it, and also should have used some water from the old tank.

Now just learn and move on, you'll do fine from here!

Take it slow now, let the new tank cycle and then enjoy!

Good Luck!

6. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

I believe that this is what went wrong...Low 02. Always mix and ariate new saltwater overnight with a powerhead. So sorry for your losses. You will recover..We have all been there.:(

7. fielding12

fielding12 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Very sorry for your loss.

Among us, we've probably made every mistake listed in above discussion. Just sorry that your situation had so many losses.

Thanks for posting so we could discuss and learn from it.

8. Click Here!

9. Wrasse Fan

Wrasse Fan Spaghetti Worm

Thanks for the kind words every one, i found all the bodies so on the bright side i wont have any dead fish rotting away under some rock. Ill keep an eye on the params and take it from there.

OnefishTwofish be sure to let me know how your move goes.