algae

Discussion in 'Algae' started by hitman35, Jan 4, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. hitman35

hitman35 Purple Spiny Lobster

I recently had a lawnmower blenny die but I dont know its the cause of this sudden break out in brown algae I recently bought another anyone have a clue as to why the sudden outbreak and do you think the new blenny will clean it all up

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2007
  2. Click Here!

3. djnzlab1

djnzlab1 Aiptasia Anemone

maybe your phos is up

HI,
    I am learning about all of this stuff, but I have read about phos problem had some myself that was probably food related. When a bleamy eat plants ALgae he absorbs the phos into his body same for benaficial bacteria in the sand, if you have a die off of anything they can release all that phos at once causing a re-occurance of diatoms. Like a new cycle has started. Better do some frequent water changes and see what your chems are something is off.. did you loose a lot of snails or any type of death fish, starfish,
    here's how you can get phos, feed flakes , water changes with tap, certian carbon's may increase phos use only marine carbon. Algae dieing in tank will release all its cumalitive phos same with Dead crtitters like snails,hermits,doa sand filters.Over feeding may alsoscause phos problems. SOunds like your tank decided to cycle again for some reason.
    Doug

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007
  4. hitman35

hitman35 Purple Spiny Lobster

well I dont believe there was any die off other then the blenny itself.I have recently got another blenny and added a cpl more zebra snails so hopefully they get this thing under control.I am tryin to get rid of it naturally but might have to go to chemicals if the critters dont do there jobs thanks for the info though