ai sol lighting questions

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by brunoboarder244, Jul 15, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

i just picked up an ai sol white on ebay for a pretty good price($300 including shipping) and i was looking for a second one and i found someone local around me selling a sol blue for $275 with the controller now i dont want the tank to be off and i dont want to pass up a good deal....i have a question though if i took out half the pucks in each light and swapped out half the pucks in each to make it half sol blue half sol white if that would work properly still? i dont mind the color of the light as long as its balanced

2. Click Here!

3. Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders 3reef Sponsor

I would give it a try, that is a good price

4. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I doubt that would work as the blues, royal blues and whites are all wired separately...meaning if you disconnected pucks, some blues might then be controlled by the whites and vice versa.

5. brunoboarder244

that is true....i mean as long as it physically would power everything without a problem i could maybe just try and tweek it until it looks alright if not i could always just and see if someone will trade for one or the other

6. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

I actually have two whites and a blue running on one controller. It works, but you can't control half the whites on the white units independently from the royal blues. Not a big deal for me, but it takes some planning.

7. brunoboarder244

thats not too bad....but if they are individual fixtures couldnt you unplug and replug them in individually to mess with the settings right?

8. Click Here!

9. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

No. They don't save settings to the fixture like the Radions. Everything is limited to the controller. You could buy a separate controller for each fixture and control each spectrum independently then.

10. brunoboarder244

didnt know that, thanks for the info....i figured the individual fixtures would store that info

11. skurious

skurious Sailfin Tang

if you do go this route, AI sells a conversion kit to change between ai sol white and blue.

12. brunoboarder244

how much is it?