AI Sol blue questions

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by jborlace, Jan 8, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jborlace

jborlace Purple Spiny Lobster

I have found a pretty good deal on a couple of AI Sol blue fixtures. There is no controller. What's the best option for a controller. Just get the new AI controller and run it with the data cable. ? I could care less about it being wireless. Just want to be able to control them. What's everyone suggestions ? Thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Since the controller is only 79.00 dollars just buy it if you can. You're not changing setting so often that you'll need to actually connect that often once you get system/schedule down. I do love my wireless though but I could live with the data cable. I hear the Sol is nice, how big of a tank is it going on?

4. jborlace

It's going on a 40 breeder. I'm getting 2 for $225. That's seems like a great deal to me. I'll have to replace a couple led pucks. Those are $25. I'll still be under $300 for two fixtures.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I will tell you this, the controller is not some high tech controller, it's basic and not that impressive secondary to some key/control issues. It does the job and I need to play a lot more with it. But yeah for two fixtures just get the controller. You can not even really run the AI Hydra without the controller, I am not sure how the Sol works.

6. jborlace

Yeah I'll get the controller.