AI sol and Neptune apex controller

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by APC, Jul 14, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. APC

APC Gigas Clam

Awesome thanks!

2. Click Here!

3. APC

APC Gigas Clam

One more question if you have a moment...I am looking at connecting a vortec as well, and I see that requires yet another module (WXM I think). Question I have is, can I plug the vortec into the EB on the Apex and just track if it is running or not? I am not that interested in contolling it from the APEX at first, but I would like to be able to log on remotely and at least confirm that the pump is running. Does that make sense?

4. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Yes, you need a WXM (and wireless vortechs) to control vortechs with an Apex. But yes, you may certainly simply power them with the EB8 if all you wish to do is turn them on/off.

5. APC

APC Gigas Clam

cool thanks. Ultimately I would like to have full control via the APEX, but all these components really start to add up. So probably need to do it in phases.

6. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

The good news, is once you do get the WXM for the vortechs you won't have to reserve a spot on your power bar for the Vortechs.

7. APC

APC Gigas Clam

Good point. Do you use the iPhone app for your apex?

8. Click Here!

9. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

Do I ever!!! It's amazing.

10. APC

APC Gigas Clam

Was it hard to set up. I was looking at the document below and there is all kinds of info on setting up static ips, etc. did you have to do that?

11. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

I knew very little about networking going into it. And my setup didn't go smoothly... it was a frustrating week, but in return I have ultimate control of my system and the safe feeling of knowing that I have back up in case something goes wrong. And it has a cool factor that greatly increases my enjoyment of my entire system.

It's a pain to setup
    VS
    security, control, monitoring, backup, and more tank enjoyment.

totally worth it. Just follow the directions laid out in the manual step for step. And you'll be fine. I have set up a few now and can do it in about 30 minutes from walking in the door.

12. APC

APC Gigas Clam

Okay cool. Thanks again