AI Prime LED for a try

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Droopster, Aug 15, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Droopster

Droopster Fire Worm

So I just ordered an AI Prime LED from Marine Depot to try on my Cube.
    If it does what I think it will I may add it t my eventual 75 (currently cycling) as a supplemental, or keep it for a frag tank.... or, if I really like it buy a few and switch to LEDs. Any experience with these? ..... Why isn't it here yet, I ordered it yesterday lol.

Since I tend to ignore reviews by individuals on a retailers page, I ask this here.

2. Click Here!

3. Hoopastank

Hoopastank Spaghetti Worm

I have an AI Prime. My first light. I love it!!!

4. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

Everyone who has the Al Prime loves them. I have not seen a complaint yet.

Bmwm235i likes this.
  5. Droopster

Droopster Fire Worm

I have not had the chance to do a full review on mine yet, I do love the light but it was a bit of a process.
    when I first got the light the threads on the light that the mounting bracket screws into were essentially non existent. I called Marine Depot and they said to call the company. The company shipped me a brand new light, with a return label in the box to ship back the old light, OVER NIGHT SHIPPING, free of charge. the new light however did not have the cable that runs from the wall outlet to the AC adaptor, no biggie becuse I just kept old one. The issue I had was resolved VERY quickly and painlessly and the light looks fantastic over my Nano. Id still give the light itself 10/10, would recommend.

6. Hoopastank

i bought my light from the LFS, it was the same price as i could bet it online. Amazon online at the time was selling the light for $200, but it did not come with the bracket that was still an extra $30 even with Amazon. So i got it from my LFS.

7. Bmwm235i

Bmwm235i Plankton

I have 2 over my 30gallon... only issue is I'm having a hard time getting them turned in right. I melted a shroom, then zoas wouldn't open, my acans thought it was night time because my pars were so low. So it's been a rough road still not 100% yet.

8. Click Here!

9. Hoopastank

why do you have 2? i have one over my bio cube 30 gallon and it does me fine? I have the setting to 10K the zoas are open and the mushroom i have is thriving i will see if can get a screen shot of the setting i have and post it later to show you what i have.

10. Bmwm235i

Bmwm235i Plankton

I wanted even pars from left to right and the ability to grow sps later so my lfs told me to get 2.

11. Hoopastank

i dont have any SPS at the moment. that would seem right to have even PAR's. Sounds like for now the two might be to much for the tank espically if the mushroom is melting.

12. bakkathewise

bakkathewise Plankton

i've had mine over the 20 tall for about 4 months now. i love the thing. it's running at full power and haven't had any issue melting shrooms. let it be noted that the shrooms are on the floor of the tank and the light is as far off the water as the mount allows. i've got zoas halfway up the tank, but there was never any issue with melting. when i first got it, the fan was making a tremendous amount of noise. i contacted AI and they quickly got a new one shipped to me. i would recommend this thing to anybody and their grandma.