Aggressive freshwater fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish' started by BoB_OndisS, Jul 27, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

If you want to see carnage get a Parachromis Dovii (the Wolf Cichild). Smart ill-tempered and huge the male is 30" and pure evil. Nasty teeth areal one fish only tank. I had a close relative (the jaguar cichlid) and it had a nasty habit of biting the heads clean off the feeder and the Dovii is bigger. Adult would kill a school of pireaha in a week. The KING hands down.

2. Click Here!

3. wayne334

wayne334 Astrea Snail

The most agressive freshwater fish in the world is the Goliath Tiger fish. You can get them, but be careful. Mine attacked my hand one day while i was doing tank maint. and It really shreaded my hand. You want agressive, thats your fish.

4. dx7fd2

dx7fd2 Sea Dragon

Pound for pound is a different story...anybody had a Red Jewel Cichlid? They are not very big, 4-5", I had one years ago and it took on an Oscar about twice his size and won. They are actually quite beautiful too.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Melanochromis Chipokae...

You don't need a large tank (30-55 should do) and to keep him aggressive enough, get 2-3 females....He's a killing machine.

6. MsCoral2004

MsCoral2004 Plankton

What size tank shopuld a Pacu be kept in? My sis gave me a baby one..but she said it would get bigger. How much bigger?

7. tangov559

tangov559 Astrea Snail

i would go with a needle nose gar, these dont rip up fishes, but how they eat them is amazing, check em out. THere are skinny like pencils

8. Click Here!

9. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

How about some of the more aggressive african ciclids or do a cold water tank with large mouth bass and sun fish

10. somethingfishy

somethingfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

Dejavu? Cobwebs?

Damn wheres my spell checker

11. NUHTTY

NUHTTY Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

A well stocked cichlid tank can rival the color scheme of many saltwater tanks. Not the intended subject, but thought I would add my two cents.

12. Steelers

Steelers Astrea Snail

I just got rid of my 6-7" Black Piranha to start my saltwater tank. Piranhas are cool, but not very active unless you get lucky. A good forum to learn about piranhas and other agressive fish is www.piranha-fury.com I actually found this forum through them.