Resolved Aggressive clowns mutilating new fish - caught the clowns. What to do?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by =Jwin=, Dec 28, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

I like the hamster ball idea, Inwall. :)

An update: The clowns spent the night in collander and we put them back in the tank the next morning. I really thought we had lost the psueudo - we didn't see him all day. He must have been hiding in the rocks because the next morning, he was up by the overflow box. He seems to be doing okay, other than being beaten up a bit. He's eating well and looks a little better. He's hanging around the overflow box area, which is direct opposite the "clown corner." The female still tries to take a swipe at him, but he darts behind the overflow and she's too big to get back there. She doesn't seem quite as interested in terrorizing him as she was at first, so I'm hoping all will settle down.

"collander clowns"
    [​IMG]

4. jdak

jdak Astrea Snail

keeping their bellies full should help too...

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Glad to hear things are going better

6. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Sounds like the usual and customary with fish addition. If your pseudochromis is an Orchid, then you may have a problem with acclimation. They are the most docile of the species. However, if it is of similar size and another type, then I don't think you have much to worry about in the long run. In fact, I have seen clowns and pseudochromis work together to kill new tankmates. Quickly. The PC can ram into their victims with mouths open and teeth bared. They are nicely streamlined and can take a chunk out of any problem child (or new addition). I grew to hate my PC and ended up taking it back to the LFS. It was a poopy-pants.