After Ich....

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by kcbrad, Oct 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Hi Everyone,

Well, I've had a small outbreak of ich in my tank for the past couple weeks or so. The only fish affected (so far) were my damsel and clown. My damsel had one spot, but seems clear now. My clown started with one spot, but another popped up yesterday. They are eating fine and acting fine. Hopefully everyone will survive. Here's my question, after the ich is no longer visible, what do I do? I know it will still be in my tank...

Also, I want to get one more small fish. How long after the ich is no longer visible should I wait to get the new fish? I guess I'm just feeling lost about where to go after the ich is no longer visible...

Thanks!

2. Click Here!

3. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

fighting ich is all about having healthy fish that can fight thru the infection or even better yet fight it off, try to keep up with good husbandry and stable prams and all will be fine if ich is already present and you want it completly out u will have to move fish to a different tank for about 8 weeks and treat them for ich

4. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

1 person likes this.
  5. dixiedog

dixiedog Coral Banded Shrimp

... and repeat the process every time you introduce a new fish.

1 person likes this.