Advise quick help! :)

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by marc1986, Nov 1, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. marc1986

marc1986 Skunk Shrimp

hello...found a local guy on craigslist selling a brand new aquapod 24 with the MH 150 W light and stand included for 350. Is this a good deal??? Or should I get the biocube 29. Please any advise??? I'm all ears and very anxious :) is it a good system?

Thanks in advance!

2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Pretty good deal. The best price on the aquapod24 with HQI I could find was about $400. Only thing is, do you want something that small? If that is what you are looking for, then it is a good deal, and I would talk him down to $300. You can get more for that price though if you are looking for a bigger tank.

4. marc1986

marc1986 Skunk Shrimp

Thanks, I was considering the biocube 29 because of space/weight issues...I've been doing tons of research and I know nano-reefer will chime in and say "go with the MH's!" :) I just haven't heard much about aquapods and haven't seen much online about em...they any good?

Also, I can't ask him to go down in the price, he's including the brand new stand assembled and a new heater too.

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Ohhhh, you can always ask to go down in price. Always. With the economy it is these days, people will take less than you think. I know, it's a horrible thing to do, but taking advantage is part of democracy.

If the biocube does not come with MH and the Aquapod does, I would go with the aquapod. I think the biocube comes stock with PCs, but I could be mistaken on that one.

Do we have money burning a hole in our pocket??? ;)

6. marc1986

marc1986 Skunk Shrimp

Got it!!!

I got my tank, finally, ended up going with the aquapod 24 with HQI lighting.

I bought it from a guy on craigslist that had never opened any of the pieces and since the hurricane here he doesn't have the funds to continue with his hobby better for me

So I bought:
    20lbs base rock
    20lbs LS
    12 or 13 lbs LR (hitchhikers: mini brittlestars(2) and a few mushrooms, look like Ric, and a tiny emerald crab).
    Bought my saltwater which is RO/DI from the LFS.

I hope that they all live

Any suggestions???

P.S. Sorry I just continued on my old thread but, from this computer here at work I cannot create a thread only reply to them...what the $##&$ is that?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Congrats on the new tank...