Advice?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by fish<386, Apr 15, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fish<386

fish<386 Plankton

So, this may seem awfully stupid to ask but when your fish has been used to a certain environment for its entire life is it still dangerous to improve your fishes living environment? I have a basic goldfish living in a small 1.5 gallon tank. I have had it for 11 years. Recently he has had two episodes. He was laying on his side...I thought he was a goner....just "getting old" Now he is appearing to have something protruding out of his side?! I'm just wondering if improving his water conditions would help fight off whatever diseases he has gotten or if it would be too much of a shock to him?:confused:

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Welcome to 3Reef!!!

Definitely improve the conditions. For example, if you lived in a smog-filled city, wouldn't you feel better if you moved to a city with clean air.

4. Kelley11

Kelley11 Peppermint Shrimp

First off, that is amazing that you have a fish that has lived in a bowl for 11 years! You must be doing something right :). Improved conditions will help your fish, bad enviroments can foster or cause existing conditions to worsen. There are several medications available to assist with fish illnesses but first it is important to identify what is going on. Can you attach a couple of pictures?

Welcome to 3reef :)