Advice Please?????? Low PH and High KH

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by johnc101, Jan 31, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Ya... work on aerating your tank. Do you have a sump? Skimmrs help gas exchange.

Not sure what to tell you about the EB8s... they are plug and play. Give Neptune a call... they are more than helpful. Are the EB8s recognized on the base unit? Are the outlets turned off?

2. Click Here!

3. johnc101

johnc101 Feather Duster

I have 2 locklines dedicated for surface aeration, they seem to do alot, I do have a refugium and with any luck get me skimmer up this week before Im off out of town. depends on how quick the skimmer will break in for me. i have been reading up on it and i have heard they take up to a week.

4. wfb2270

wfb2270 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

My alk has stayed low using tropic marin pro reef. (around 110-120ppm) honestly i got kind of lazy testing alk and Ca over the past few months. i was shocked when i tested it last week. it was around 100ppm. It was surprising cause i had just moved my tank so i had about 30-40% new water (with tropic marin pro reef). i tested my 20 gallon water change tank this passt weekend before doing the change. it was only at 125ppm. tested with a hanna checker, backed up with API drop test.

i have a bulk reef supply 2 part on the way, going to start using next week.

I am considering changing salts, i did some research on the pro reef and found out that is made more for systems that have alk creeping higher from calcium reactor use. LFS sold me on it cause of the high magnesium.

5. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

I wanted to know if you had a sump to know if you had an overflow. A skimmer does not have to be "skimming", it will still aerate the water. So does a overflow. According to Bourneman, moving water on the surface does almost nothing.

6. johnc101

johnc101 Feather Duster

gotcha, and i do have a refugium so I have over flow from 2 megaflows in my tank.