Adv-100 refugium /Psk -150 skimmer

Discussion in 'Eshopps Inc.' started by Overboard II, Oct 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Overboard II

Overboard II Plankton

:confused::confused: Newbie here but 20+ years in fish keeping.
    Finnally went for broke and purchased a Psk-150 skimmer & Adv-100 refugium/sump . Problem is I need some guidance in setting these up. The boxes were factory sealed and I am missing the filter sox. Also need to know where the skimmer would go and how to set it up (bubble trap) & where the return pump to tank will also go. Then is the sticker that says
    "Water Level" is about 3.5 " from the bottom is that correct?
    It looks good but I just can't figure it out.

Ps, no diagram or instructions in the Adv-100.

Did I buy the wrong skimmer for the Adv -100?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. BioFreak

BioFreak Feather Duster

Here's a photo of one set up by someone else...

[​IMG]

This one doesn't appear to be set-up with the refuge in use though.

4. Overboard II

Overboard II Plankton

Thanks for the response did a little more checking around and saw the refugium part is on the back leaving the front compartment for the skimmer. Then the side for the return. Just seems like a small space for the refugium.

5. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

hi, the 3.5" water level is for the return pump but you can go up as high as 5.5 is fine. there's a large compartment and that's where you put the skimmer. as for the micron bag, it doesn't come with this version. please ignore our web site there's an error that need to be fix on our end. please let us know if any questions, thanks.

6. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

Customer Service

If your web site is wrong and somebody buys a product from you don't you think the right thing to do is mail him a filter sock and fix your web site? How easy is it to write the words " please ignore our web site " and then ask him if you have any more questions.(Thats funny) The harder thing to do(and the right thing) would be get a sock put it in a box and mail it to the person that just spent his hard earned money on your product.:-[

7. eshopps

eshopps 3reef Sponsor

we will get it fix immediately but you have to understand we don't have an in-house team of programmer. we use contractor outside and in this case it takes longer than usual. as for sending the bag, it will be no use because the bag will not have the feature to hold anyway.

8. Click Here!

9. SPINNER

SPINNER Fire Shrimp

I do understand the problem is you don't, what he needs to hold a sock would cost you/ESHOPPS penny's. AGAIN out of all the aquarium filters he could of bought he picked your's (What is that worth?) I guess what my fellow 3reefer needs to understand that at least in this case Eshopps customer service is below par.

10. pwsk

pwsk Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

ouch that hurts

11. Overboard II

Overboard II Plankton

Thanks Eshopps and 414-242 for your response. And I will speak to the stores manager and hopefully we can figure this whole thing out . I will be on a business trip but do appreciate your responses. Even if it is not what I really expected. Dont have time for this right now.

12. Overboard II

Overboard II Plankton

Well I'm back and went to the lfs and they have said they will contact eshopps directly on this matter I really did not think this would turn into such a problem.