"Additives" - Recommendations please...

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by omard, Oct 15, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Scooterman

Scooterman Plankton

Since using MarineMix, I'm on my third batch. The first batch seemed to go ok. I testes with Saliflert kits, SG .025, Temp. 78, CA 350ppm, MG 1050, PH 8.3
    It was about the same on the last batch, since using this mix I have noticed Xenia dieing off, I can't prove it to be the salt mix though, so next batch I'll go back to IO. The Second batch clouded up on my bad, I used a cleaned Rubbermaid Container, rinsed with RO/DI, which filters are new. The Mix stayed clouded for over three days, so I dumped it, I didn't want that in my tank.Everything else seems to be ok. If things perk up on the next two water changes, I'll re-try the last two 25g mixes to see if anything else happens.

2. Click Here!

3. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Just to report -

Am basically sticking to the recommended "Garf" system reported in above posts...

But am only adding Ca additives based on needs shown by testing as recommended by Craig...

I think the "55 gal" additive amounts they recommend are for a tank much more "developed" then mine...

Rgds,

OmarD

Latest "Corals"

[​IMG]

4. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Everyone/thing looks happy/healthy, great job Scott!

5. Craig Manoukian

Oh, that's Scott Omard not Scott Scooterman. I'm so confused!

6. Craig Manoukian

[quote author=Scooterman link=board=General;num=1066230710;start=15#20 date=11/17/03 at 05:20:31]Since using MarineMix, I'm on  my third batch. The first batch seemed to go ok. I testes with Saliflert kits, SG .025, Temp. 78, CA 350ppm, MG 1050, PH 8.3
    It was about the same on the last batch, since using this mix I have noticed Xenia dieing off, I can't prove it to be the salt mix though, so next batch I'll go back to IO. The Second batch clouded up on my bad, I used a cleaned Rubbermaid Container, rinsed with RO/DI, which filters are new. The Mix stayed clouded for over three days, so I dumped it, I didn't want that in my tank.Everything else seems to be ok. If things perk up on the next two water changes, I'll re-try the last two 25g mixes to see if anything else happens. [/quote]

Make sure you let AquaCraft know about that experience at:

605-595-3939 or
    605-637-0322

7. Scooterman

Scooterman Plankton

I did, I was in steady e-mail contact until I mentioned that to him, he told me to continue using it to get a good test.

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

Cool, thanks Scooterman and do keep us posted. I know MDP will be out of the country for awhile later this month, November.

10. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

ive never seen the calxmax in my area id like to find more out about it

11. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[​IMG]
    A two part balanced ion supplement for maintaining calcium and alkalinity. CalxMax will not disrupt ionic balance and will replenish salts lost due to protein skimming. Parts A & B are sold as one unit and equal amounts are used in conjunction with each other. 64 oz.

For web site info click link below

http://www.warnermarine.com/calxmax.htm

12. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest