adding fish

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by ferretfish, Jan 8, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ferretfish

ferretfish Sea Dragon

hello yesturday i got a small 1 1/2 inch purple stripe dottyback, when i added him to the tank he immediatly got attacked. so i netted the dottyback and put him in a breeder to seperate him. when its day to is there any way to introduce him in a better way. what are ways i can have my current fish be more wellcoming

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Who was attacking him?

4. ferretfish

ferretfish Sea Dragon

my chromis, i was suprised becuase my tanks other two fish are a tomato clown and a scopas tang, which didnt pay attention to him at all

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

If you can move some rocks around that would probably help.

Introduction with the lights off and maybe put some food in the tank to distract the other fish while the new one finds a spot.

Once it finds a spot it should be able hunker down, the chromis may well prove that it will continue it's aggression.

You can also try to tape a small mirror to the side of the tank to distract the other fish as well.

6. Rpratt

Rpratt Astrea Snail

With my last tank I bought some plastic mesh from the craft store and made a basket that reached almost all the bottom and put the new fish in there for about a week then removed the basket and the rest of the fish didn't mind the new guy.

7. ferretfish

ferretfish Sea Dragon

;D
    thanks alot i did those and it worked