Actual saltwater VS Mixed saltwater

Discussion in 'Salt' started by dbaumer71, Feb 10, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Free NSW vs constantly mixing and testing? Definitely worth a try. I used it myself when I lived in Vero with no problems. Collect it during high tide and test it.

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Miss Florida yet? Lol. I was also wondering about natural sea water. This is a good thread to follow.

4. bocoboy

bocoboy Banned

thanks i think iwill just mix my water

5. Mr. Bill

Probably the best. I'm sure there's a lot more recreational and commercial activity now than there was in the 1980s, and the shoreline water could contain contaminants/pollutants for which you can't even test.

6. Grog

Grog Astrea Snail

For most of Florida, that would put you in the Gulf Stream. Cobalt blue water with a lot of "nutrients".

7. Mr. Bill

Catalina is an excellent, reputable saltwater distributor. Their S Pacific NSW is collected offshore and undergoes stringent quality control measures. I have used it in the past, but to be fair, I really saw no difference- good or bad- between that and Instant Ocean salt mix; on my side of the continent, it wasn't worth the cost differential ($11 for 5g vs $49 for 160g).

I also have one LFS that sells Red Sea NSW @ $12 per 2.5g. :eek: