Active Bio Filter for QT

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by dancin_trancy, Mar 7, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dancin_trancy

dancin_trancy Fire Worm

I have what might be a silly question...so excuse me....but in setting up my QT tank, as far as getting an "active biological sponge filter," instead of waiting for one to harvest in my tank for a few weeks, I'm going to be changing my Whisper Power Filter cartridge here in a few days, can I remove the carbon from the used one, and place the sponge in the QT tank? I have a small piece of LR I can put in there...but not sure if it would be enough (I know I cant put the LR back in the display tank) But I am trying to set it up as quickly as possible to get the antibiotics to my clownfish. What is the best route?

2. Click Here!

3. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

Yes, that will work just fine.
    Remember with any type of medication, it will seep into the rock and leech out later. That is why most people do not put rock in the tank. Just some pvc or other plastic items to let the fish hide.
    Also remember that some medications affect the biological filter. Read the label :)
    I'm sure you already knew this, you just wanted somebody's reassurance..

Jim

4. dancin_trancy

dancin_trancy Fire Worm

Your absolutely right....reassurance is key for me, since I'm somewhat new at this! :) Thanks for all your help! Hope all works out okay! :) Thanks again! ;D