Actinics

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Stingray, May 28, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. nunch

nunch Aiptasia Anemone

4. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

First off the tank is a tad new for any anemone I say a trouble free yr at least most times I myself would not add on until a system is closer to 2 yrs.

Now for the light link you set up 4 URI VHO's and run 2 super actinic Blue and 2 actainc whites then you are good to go. never ever ever use any tube bulb with the words sun in it . As for icecrap never in my house and never run 4 bulbs that you are totally dependent on of just one ballast I'd go with 2 independent ballast . Like Otty he runs his actinic on a single ballast but he has the M/H if the Vhos go down and the VHO if he losses a M/H as they are all on separate transformers . I have sent out more temporary ballast to guys waiting to get their Ice Carp repaired then I can recall. I have 2 sets here setting now for next time :)

Now this being said I can get you bulbs for the P/C's that would also make a huge difference take those 40 w N.O's off and replace them with UIR super actanics N.O and the proper P/C and you would be amazed at the difference..

_________

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible.

5. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

Tangster m8 you got me scared, never use a bulb with sun on it, all 8 of mine have sun on them, why are they so bad?

6. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

i just upgraded to the same 50/50 uvl setup.with tangsters advice from a previous post, hey is 100% right
    damn they look good. and my coraline has exploded into growth in the last 2 weeks since installing them. Great color. really seems to penetrate the water.

7. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

They are always to cool in the K spectrum I could give less then a Rat Butt as to what data or some reef god in his latest post for his/her for sponsor had to say . I go by what I know and what I have used first off URI now UVL is the state of the art for all specialty lighting from Drs office to tanning beds to horticultureing systems. Period nd of story and nothing can more be added UVL sets the standards.

Now if you use what I have always used for a reef or fish tank you will get better coral growth and coralline algae explosion plus far prettier colors of the corals and fish. Be it VHO P/C or T 5's and I bet I could have saved you some loot these bulbs Blue Pishs :) just P/M me for anything.

I just had someone over the weekend wanting data on these bulbs :) I deal in what works not what it said :) I don't make change easily I have to be really impressed with any new product and until UVL started to produce bulbs for T5 and P/C I would never have used them.. except over a refugium. I have used them all and still use them as they come along But there are none are better .

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  8. Click Here!

9. MaMoL

MaMoL Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Do you happen to have a link to that post?

I need to replace my T5 bulbs and am trying to decide between the 10000k or the 12000k 50/50. Will I be better off running all 50/50 instead of a mix 10000k and actinics?

10. Stingray

Not being funny but Who mentioned anything about an anemone in this thread?, i will not be adding one to my tank for at least 6 to 12 months, you talk about uri bulbs, are these for the big time coral, reef all i have in my tank is mushrooms, maybe i will add a few more hardy soft corals later on, but i don't plan on keeping hard corals or clams etc, all 6 of my bulbs are sun lux, and the mushrooms have tripled in size in 4 weeks,

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  11. Stingray

ok, where did all this come from, i appreciate the wealth of knowledge, but i am still a noob lol...

12. nunch

nunch Aiptasia Anemone

Tangster was replying to me, i linked this thread to another.