Acropora frag question

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by ccardini, Jul 31, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ccardini

ccardini Bristle Worm

Hey all so I just received a shipment from bluezooaquatics today and I ran into a small problem when placing the corals. The rock that my purple tip acro was glued to was too big to fit discreetly into my setup so I took a screwdriver and hammer to try and chip the rock down. Long story short the rock didnt break but the coral did so now I have 3 smaller frags. My question is do they have to be mounted to a rock to survive or can I just stick the base down into a small hole in my rock somewhere? Thanks guys

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

You can place them in a small hole but you might get some STN at the base. The ideal situation would be to mount them on small pieces of rubble or plugs with superglue gel. You can mount them either horizontal or vertical.

1 person likes this.
  4. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

pppsssshhhh... put you a good glob of glue on the broken end and glue em directly to the rocks! I do it ALL THE TIME! just hold them there for about 30 seconds. be careful not to get your hand on it.

just take the gel and put a decent glob on the end. I blow on it a bit and then quickly into my tank and onto the rock. wiggle it a little to break the film it makes. if you can get it into a bit of a fitting crevice,that is even better.