Acropora dieing

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by zombie13, Jul 19, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zombie13

zombie13 Fire Worm

thank you for all the advise everyone.
    it is white band crap. i manged to save 2 small frags of it. i just hope they do well.

2. Click Here!

3. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

If you have the nudi's then get some Salferts Flat Worm Exit and dip them for about 20 min. It has seemed to work for me. Hope it is not what you have.

4. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Had you moved this coral recently before the RTN started ? of in some what poked it with something ? sounds like a dumb question LIL But I had a friend to use tweezers to pick something out of his coral a few yrs ago and he cut the corals tissue and his huge large blue tort RTN'ed with on Hrs. Temps seem to cause more of a bleaching problem But it a bacterial type problem that causes RTN. thats is when you can see the corals tissue actually lifting and floating away from the coral in little sheet or hunks.. When you see that you best frag it asap and dip the frags and separate them in the tank as far from one another as you can just to be safe and increase the survival rate..Let us no how the frags do..

5. zombie13

zombie13 Fire Worm

yea i fragged all i could off it 2 peaces. dipped them both and now there away from each other. so far so good but then again its been about 24 hours since i fragged them

6. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Well you never no with RTN just how affected the coral was , But I'd say you have a really good chance of them both doing fine.. We had a beautiful red acro with green polyps to RTN when a chiller circuit was broken from local power brown out and the heat spiked up to 85.. Thank goodness that was the only one that RTNed on up all where tweaked just starting to fully extend their polyps now some 3 weeks later. But I cut 5 tips and they are all doing great.. That is a rare specimen :) It got special treatment.. Oh and one frage somehow followed me home.

7. zombie13

zombie13 Fire Worm

so far they both seem to be doing alright. so im happy for now!