Acro Vs Monti

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by phoenixhieghts, May 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

Aup! ;D

So i have been experimenting with SPS. Just picked up a few small pieces, notably a blue tipped acro and a monti confusa. Both have been sitting in my tank for a couple of months now with good growth. Unfortunately something knocked the monti over onto the acro, now the part of the monti that came in contact with the acro seems to be completely dead. My question is, will the monti recover from this or should i cut the dead part off?

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Unless you notice RTN, I would just leave it alone.

1 person likes this.
  4. Optimist

Optimist Peppermint Shrimp

It will recover. My clean up crew does it all the time. They'll slime, the current will wash it away and it'll go from white to brown and eventually it will grow back over the dead calcium.... IT WILL reguardless of what people say because I was told to snap an acro off so it would "re-foot" cuz it wouldn't grow on dead matter... it's got a foot now and I never snapped it.

5. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

yeah i agree unless its rapid tissue loss, it should grow back. fairly quickly , i have a plump crazy frag that fell on to a torch coral. small piece of the tip bleached and colored back up within 2 wks.

6. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

cheers for the advice everyone.