Acro Growth 5/22

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Kevin_E, May 16, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Look what I've noticed since May 11th (Coincides with my new sump and heavy filtration). Encrusting over super glue and onto plug in 10 days. The new growth is still white, no polyps or tissue yet, but may be coloring up slightly.

This may be the most success I've had in a year. Some of my others are encrusting too, just not as quickly. Can't explain how excited I am and gratified with my improvements.

Pics go May 11, May 16, May 21.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

Looks like you are doing something right! Congrats!

4. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

5. Chris!

Chris! Banned

By adding the new sump and "heavy filtration" you have increased water volume as well which likely aided you in keeping things more stable which is the big key in getting good growth and coloration 99.875 percent of the time (or pretty close anyway LOL)

6. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Spot on. Waiting on an aqualifter for my float switch to stabilize things even more.

7. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

Awesome. It's amazing how fast these grow when the conditions are right. I just did a 6 day comparison on my thread and its amazing what happens.
    Congrats. Like OFK said "your doing something right" and +1 to everything Chris said.
    Good job! Keep it!

8. Click Here!

9. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

It sure is and thank you. I was becoming frustrated by the lack of growth in my for it being setup a year, so I made so improvements. Ironically, my "doing something right", is doing nothing at all. I was fuddling too much and trying to chase numbers etc.

I saw your photos last night. The polyp extension on that birdsnest (Ponape?) is great, a as is the color. My faded a lot the last several months. The digi looks to be putting off a couple of new branches up top. Congrats! I killed mine (well not yet, but it's on its way out) when I drained and moved the tank to the stand. :cry: