Aclimating Under Super Salinity

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by DoorBoy, Mar 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DoorBoy

DoorBoy Bristle Worm

No, but my main tank has ich in it. Or it did.. its been fishless for almost 3 weeks.. so i have been qting fish.. the tang is not looking to hot.. he is just laying on his side in the qt tank.

2. Click Here!

3. mastamind360

mastamind360 Astrea Snail

u can try kick ich or rally reef they are both reef safe. i know a lot of people jump up and down and scream at the thought of medicating fish, but it works wonders for me. never hurt anything in my tank, always helps w ich and velvet. to b honest i dose my tank w it everytime i get a new addition just in case...

4. mastamind360

mastamind360 Astrea Snail

ps ich usually lives for a couple weeks wo a host fish to live on, BUT it has been known to RARELY last up to 3 months in an uninhabited tank...

5. DoorBoy

DoorBoy Bristle Worm

spent 50 bucks on kick ich and dosed trippel doses for 3 weeks just to watch it spread from a previous powder brown to my clowns to another set of clowns to see complete tank failure.. thats when i decided to do a qt tank

6. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

the people at my lfs call it colored water lol. kick ich works less then half the time, thats what i came up with when researching during my bouts with ich

7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

What are the params in your main tank now?

8. Click Here!

9. DoorBoy

DoorBoy Bristle Worm

ph 7.9 - 8.2 it varies depending on if i leave my windows open with oxygen levels and what not.. nitrate is 10 ammonia 0 calcium is 470.. and yeah kick ich is a waste of money in my opinion.. thats why i am using a qt now.

10. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

My sister in law is a marine biologist. I talk to her about fish and tanks all the time, she said when she was in school they would get fish mailed to them. The fish would come between two wet pieces of newspaper, they would take the fish out of the newspaper and toss him in the tank. Thats the way scientists do it! lol

11. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

lol im a scientist of live rock :victory:

sounds like a story i heard. where a guy always asked for there neighbors fish if they took down there tank(very poorly maintained). one day the guy came home and his neighbor left him a note with the fish in wet paper towels out side his front door.
    they lived amazingly.

12. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

How is your tang doing dude?