Ack! my wrasse has ick really bad

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Puffer Chick, Feb 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

my mccoskers flasher wrasse has a crazy amount of white dots all over his body! its REALLY bad

edit: i cant get a good pic but it's also on his eye brows and the chromis and clowns are beating up on him really bad tonight :(

2. Click Here!

3. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

What do u think is causing it? Have you tried any malafix?

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i dont know much about ick as ive never had it before but only thing i can think of is stress from being bullied by the chromis and clowns? the only other fish that is being friendly towards him is my melanurus wrasse the others are having a smack down on him tonight :( i dont have malafix is it reef safe and would petco or peetsmart sell it?

5. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

Yes petco sells it. It could be from the stress... Or else from the sand bed (you said he sleeps in it right?)

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i think he's a rock sleeper but im not sure it wasnt on him earlier but his entire body is covered and on his fins body everywhere, hopefully if it is just from stress that it will go away, and ill check petco tomorrow if it really is ick i wish he would let the cleaner shrimp clean him but he's not going anywhere near him :(

7. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

Just soak your food in garlic extract and ride it out..Using the melafix wouldn't be a bad idea either. Good luck!!

Ivan

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

already doing the garlic not that brand though but at least it sounds like it will clear up, i just feel bad that he's covered in it :(

10. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

It's all the same..if you've been using it and he continues to eat I wouldn't worry. When they just lie there and won't eat..that's when there isn't much hope. I guarantee you that there's ich in my 36..the fish just aren't stressed and healthy and can fight it off.

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

oki feel more relieved now, he's still acting fine and swimming about where he's "allowed" he ate tonight and everything else is normal, i just worry abou him so at least it sounds like the chances are pretty good