Accidentally installed baffles wrong, issues?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by texanjordan, Feb 1, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. texanjordan

texanjordan Peppermint Shrimp

When I moved the refugium/ sump that was custom built into a 55 gall, it got smashed. I was able to salvage the baffles, there are a 6 inch and two 9 inch baffles, I was supposed to put the 6 inch baffle In first because that is the recommended height of my skimmer, instead I put the 9 inch first 9 inch second and 6 inch third. The 6 inch baffle is where my return pump is and when the water is in there it looks like it will be about 1.5 inches above my mag drive pump. Will this be an issue? I know I will now have to raise my skimmer, which is not a big deal, and I do have an ATO hooked to a 10 gallon. Please let me know. All baffles have been in and sealed with silCone for a while now.

2. Click Here!

3. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

I think you have it covered. Will have to raise the skimmer, and will have to top off more due to the smaller return section. Will be a little more wear and tear on the ATO pump. But should be ok.

4. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

Stop where you are. Fix your mistake, and make it as you initially planned. If not, you'll wish you did.

Razor blades, a steady hand, and a little more time is all it takes.

5. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Agreed. Better to correct it now than to regret it after it's full and running.

6. texanjordan

texanjordan Peppermint Shrimp

Ughh, I dont want too but I know I should, guess I have another project ahead of me.

7. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

C'mon Tex,

You know that's what we'd do down in TX!

When I first read this, I too was saying, just cut them out and change it.

TexasTodd