Acan?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by starfish2217, May 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

He has always been a brighter green I haven't tried to spot feed him yet but I will try to give him some mysis tomorrow to see if it eats it.

2. Click Here!

3. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Acans love spot feeding. You would be surprised at the amount of food they can eat.

4. starfish2217

I will try that today thanks !!

5. BlueWaters10

BlueWaters10 Skunk Shrimp

Mine loves spot feeding and you can notice growth on the smaller heads on the bottom the next day.

6. starfish2217

I tried to spot feed him and it didn't go well :( I he just closed up when I placed the food on his mouth... .. How do you guys do it?

7. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

What and how did you try to feed it?

They will eat just about any small meaty pieces. I use a feeding to to gently squirt food on them. They have to be ready for it, though. If it's feeding tentacles aren't out, squirt a tiny bit on it and wait a few minutes. It helps to have the flow off.

8. Click Here!

9. starfish2217

I have a syringe with some tube attached to it that I use to spot feed I tried giving him some mysis shrimp and I just gently squirted some onto him, I will try when his feeding tentacles are fully out or something I think maybe I irritated him instead :/ I will try to do a better job next time

10. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

That can happen. If they aren't used to being fed, they can be freaked out easily. Once they start to eat and get accustomed to your feeding technique, it gets real easy to feed them. Don't over do it, though.

Does the syringe squirt out real fast?

11. starfish2217

not really It has a larger tube attached so its not so bad plus I was sure not to blast him haha I tried doing it really slow so I wouldn't scare him but it didn't quite work

12. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

If you can Starfish try doing it when the light goes off or before it comes on. They will usually have there tentacles extended.;)