? about fish

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Brunella, Dec 21, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Brunella

Brunella Plankton

I have bristleworms! Am thinking of getting a hawkfish to eat them, but will a hawkfish eat my coral banded shrimp??:confused:

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

probably, the cbs might be able to hold it off for a while, but in my expierence they are serial shrimp killers(and small wrasses)

4. Brunella

Brunella Plankton

Ugh! So what kind of fish would be a good bristleworm eater and wont eat or kill my above mentioned fish?

5. getinpora

getinpora Coral Banded Shrimp

i had a arc eye hawk once for a little while he was a freebe. didnt bother my banded shrimp but e he wouldnt leave my watchman goby alone wouldnt let it come out of its den ended up tearing my rock out just to catch him. gave him back ended up getting eating

6. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

a lined or fairy wrasse. the reason the hawkfish kill small wrasses is because they fill the same niche in the reef.

7. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Set up a trap (may not work). Or, cut back on feeding. IMO a heavy sustained bristleworm population is a sign of overfeeding. Do you have any sort of clean up crew?

8. Click Here!

9. Brunella

Brunella Plankton

I keep buying blue leggeds by the 50's but they keep disappearing. I think my coral banded might be eating them, he is huge. Am also considering picking up a couple brittle stars.

10. Brunella

Brunella Plankton

What about a flame Angel? Would that be benefitial to my tank?