A question about bulk-reef-supply

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by lunatik_69, Jan 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Thanks to Reef-Guru's thread about the Balling Method, I decided to check out BRS for their Cal, Mag and Alk additives. I came across this "The total two part package" deal and was wondering how do you guys use and dose it in your tanks. I have read before how Otty and ReefGuru(to mention a few characters) rave about BRS and how long it lasts and how cheaper it is. Thanks Luna

2. Click Here!

3. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

I checked them out too on that thread. If I didnt have a ca reactor I would probably go use them.

4. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

I use their Mg chloride and sulfate, mix them like the package says with ro/di and use when needed, just swishing the gallon pickle jar, when I use. Put something like waxed paper between the jar and the lid if you decide to use that. The lid tends to rust a little. I use about a good splash LOL it keeps my Mg just right. and yeah I bought mine last year and am still on the first gallon I've mixed.

5. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

year on a gallon,wow i wish my esv.b-ionic mag. lasted that long i went threw like a 32 oz bottle in a month. i think i need new stuff too.

6. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

The more often (and higher volume) you change your water, the more often you'll need to replenish your Mag levels if your salt mix Mag levels are too low.

7. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

what it tells you to do is to dose the Ca and alk until you reach the desired levels, then when you use all of the Ca and Alk, you dose the entire 20oz either at once or over a day or two. I've actually never done it this way because my mg was higher, I add until I get my parameters where I want them, then you can use the daily dosing calculator to figure out how much you need to dose daily.

8. Click Here!

9. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I was asking more on the lines of ppl actually using this product. Is anyone actually using the Total Two Part Package system and how do you mix it. I want to know everything about it before I actually buy it and apply it to my system. I've been using Kent Marine products for a while now and it kind of goes rather quickly. I need to read some feedback on this particular system. Luna

10. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I have used there stuff with good luck. I mostly use them for the filters on my ro/di I have tried the 2 part with sucess. I dont think you have anything to worry about luna with them.

11. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I'm not worried about using it, Im just worried about wasting my time and money. One thing is having the item in front of you and reading the directions and another is buying on line. Thats why I wanted some feed back. Luna

12. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I feel the same way. They treated me good and the things I bought from them were good. I buy ro filters buy the dozens for them I need to replace them often due to high iron. I bought the 2 part and got mu mag and calcium under control. I also buy the phos ban chemicals also and they work good.