A pleasent surprise.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Corailline, Jul 16, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Thanks you. :)
    Thanks Alex.

I want out with the locals at night on a Zodiac with big flash lights/flood lights, there are a lot or Crocks in Belize, this surprised me.

Yeah my BF does not care for them either. I would not chose one as a pet but like a rare bird it's a treat to see such beautiful coloration. :p

Wait until I find my 1st Tarantula for the year.

2. Click Here!

3. Zgetman

Zgetman Ritteri Anemone

I live in the Texas Panhandle and we have a bunch of different types of snakes. We have Diamond Back rattlers, Copper Heads, Moccasins, Bull Snakes and a variety of Garter Snakes. There are many others but those are just off the top of my head. I used to live in the country and I have had run ins with all of the varieties I have named, and the only ones I have run from are the rattlers. Those things give me the creeps.

Corailline likes this.
  4. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

This is so funny. I haven't seen a wild snake in at least a year. Then I saw this thread. I went out to take out the garbage this morning and what am I greeted by at my front door? A baby black and white snake of some sort. I'm thinking it's a baby black racer, as there are a lot near our neighborhood from what I've heard. I scared him off with a little piece of metal so I could get inside, as I wasn't sure what type of snake it was until I looked it up (I'm not too educated as far as snakes go lol). It was kind of interesting watching it try to attack the piece of metal as it slithered back into the bushes. But yeah, there's my story for today :p

Corailline likes this.
  5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Pit Vipers have a more intimidating look about them, evolution wants them to look scary and they do. It's the appearance of the head.

Some rattle snakes you can move out of the road by just poking them with a stick to move a long, other rattles will give chase if you step out of the car. Doesn't matter type or size, I have little ones a year or two old show the worst attitudes.

I like Racers, they love the meeces to pieces. We have them here as well and they move really fast, sometimes too fast for me to get an ID. I see them up in Cacti eating birds eggs from time to time. Cool, I am glad my post brought you an unexpected visitor, coincidence I think not. :rolleyes:

Camkha1234 likes this.
  6. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

now all i have to worry about where i live in FL is the hogs and bears mainly, i dont see many snakes anymore ooo and cant forget the panther and her cubs i saw while i was pulling onto my street a few weeks ago i tried to get my phone out to snap a pic but her and the cubs were gone before i could. i live in the woods so i get to see all types of wildlife. not to many snakes anymore i see a black racer now an then.

Corailline likes this.
  7. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

I used to not mind snakes very much. Then one day i was in my kitchen and opened up my dishwasher and found a snake that had slithered up the drain. That really made a difference for me on my attitude toward snakes. Really not a fan now.

Corailline likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Tallahassee area. You?

10. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Where in Florida are you? Sounds like south central to south Florida. If so, look out for pythons and the newly reported, anaconda.

11. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

One thing I can say about working in a hospital in Texas, I had lots of opportunity to see what damage venomous snakes can do! What a pretty snake! I would have been interested if you were there next to me..... would have been going the opposite direction, if you were not.

Isn't it cool to make a connection with people.

Corailline likes this.
  12. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

Awesome! I did a similar thing when I saw an uncommon subspecies of Alligator Lizard!

Corailline likes this.