A pleasent surprise.

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Corailline, Jul 16, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. skyvern2130

skyvern2130 Stylophora

i like snakes, not going to say i would keep one as a pet. i main see the black racers or rat snakes near my house which is fine with me. they keep the rat and mouse population down. i havnt had the pleasure of seeing a rattler in awhile in Florida, nor i have a seen a moccasins in awhile.

awesome find i, what part of AZ do you live in i used to live in Phoenix on Luke air force base when my parents where in the air force many many years ago. i saw a few of the coral snakes when i lived there

Corailline likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Corailline likes this.
  4. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

Hey Kevin what part of north west florida do you live in?

Corailline likes this.
  5. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

Ran across many snakes in Florida for sure. I was leaning on my car talking on the phone and a moccasin was inches away from my ankle. Needles to say I hopped up on the hood of the car and dropped the phone. Then I tried to catch it to take it back to the retention pond but it got away. Saved a ton of snakes in my FL days.

Beautiful snake and story. Awesome picture too.

Corailline likes this.
  6. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Yup, Zesty it's an elusive snake. Much like the Gila Monsters here. They are here but unless you're observant or get really lucky you might miss them. One of the old guys this am said he had lived in Az for 10 years and never seen one but he was able to ID the snake right off so he knew something of local snakes.

I am down by Amado, about 25 miles north of the border.

Yeah I do not have any interest in keeping snakes as pets.

Thanks Vinny. ;). For a split second it entered my mind to pick the snake up, then I came to senses. The only snakes I pick up now are Gopher Snakes. Rattle snakes here can look like a lot of other snakes and have no rattles so I have grown accustomed to hands off.

Thanks you so much for saving snakes. Close call with the Moccasin, at least a rattler will let you know it's there.

zesty likes this.
  7. RoloSaez

RoloSaez Millepora

Had a Gator sneak up on me too! I wasn't trying to catch it though. I stayed in the truck bed until it got back in the water LOL! Wild life is awesome here in FL. The Gator was being fed by humans so it thought I had food. I found that out after the fact. So they relocated it weeks later after it sneaked up on a few others. Behind or warehouse at work.

Corailline likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I was in Belize in a kayak by myself (stupid I know) looking at Sea Horses in the mangroves when all the sudden the water erupted around the kayak, it was a saltwater Crocodile, I have never know such fear. I beached my boat and dragged it the rest of the way home. Never went out alone again. Made for an awesome memory though.

RoloSaez likes this.
  10. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

Down in south florida we have tons a fun reptile I have grown up catching them my entire life. Great find corailline

RoloSaez and Corailline like this.
  11. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Great find Cheryl! Best looking snake o the continent imo. I was swimming across a good sized river in Belize on Christmas Day a good 10 years ago when i had a log float by me..... then it blinked.

Corailline likes this.
  12. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Snakes aren't really my thing.