A pic of my fish food variety, lol

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by luvreefs23, Aug 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

[​IMG]

Buying food and vitamins has become an obsession in its self but my fish look good as can be.

2. Click Here!

3. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

Is that all you got. LOL just kidding.

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I see you are adding stabilized Vitamin C and Selcon (HUFA). Great job....I wish more people understood the importance of adding these. (Even when using a quality food). Rod Buehler adds both to his Rod's Food but it's not going to hurt a bit to add more. Another good thing to do to keep the vitamins intact in flake or pellet food is to store it in your refrigerator.

5. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

Im awaiting the debut of the 3rd rods food. lol

6. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

I just got done mixing and soaking all the food u see there in 1oz souffle cups that are all premeasured and will be frozen so each time i feed i just pull one out of the freezer and add some tank water to it to thaw and feed.

7. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I'm gonna brag on Rod a little bit because he's such a stand-up guy and he's earned it.

I was the first person to bring Rod's Food to the St. Louis market. His homemade food was primarily why, when you wanted to order an Onyx clownfish, you wanted a Rod Buehler Onyx Clown. Not only that, if he was out, you were willing to wait. Anyhoo, I maintained an email list of all of our customers and when we finally got it in, I sent a mass email out announcing it's arrival. Since no one in St. Louis would have likely heard of Rod's Food at the time, I had to explain to all of my customers why Rod's Food was different.

Well, all of my competitors were also on my mailing list with fake names (obviously) and one of them wanted to carry Rod's Food too. Here's a reason why I will always respect Rod. He called me up at the LFS and told me that one of my competitors had received my email and wanted to place an order so that we weren't "beating them". He basically asked if I was okay with him selling to one of my competitors. I said yes.....but think about it, not many people would have done that. Rod's a man with integrity.

8. Click Here!

9. JohnnyBoy

JohnnyBoy Purple Spiny Lobster

Hey.....judging from that picture, it's an all you can eat buffet!

10. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

Remember when...our freezers were full of food that WE could actually eat???

11. GitsieLouWho

GitsieLouWho Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

What? Freezers are for people food???