a new found store, and to the owner of the hidden reef

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by MTips18, Oct 9, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MTips18

MTips18 Purple Spiny Lobster

not sure if i should be posting on a list or if there is one but i was looking around and was told that a store in philly, pa had just opened back up it was called the hidden reef and before it was destroyed you may have heard about on the news there was a fire in a dress shop in the same plaza and the store got flooded from the fire hoses well they had a good rep so i took the drive they are located on new falls road in levittown, pa and needless to say it was the worst store i had ever been in side of there tank had atleast one dead fish in each on (really no lie) and they had tons of dead and dieing coral. every type of algae in the tanks and on the corals they were keeping almost all there expensive corals under those cheap light that come with a tank and to top it all off they were very over priced NEVER GO TO THIS STORE

after talking to guy who was looking at buying some thing i asked him if he really was going to buy anything he then told me about a store called the fish factory about two mintues away on route 413 in bristol, pa this was a great store they have a used section and i got a aquaC ev240 for 60 dollars i was talking to the owner of the fish factory sbout how long the store had been there and he was telling me that the owner of the hidden reef had came into his store to tell him persnaly that he was going to put him out of bisuness (#$%@head) he told me that he has a new customer everyday if you live close to the store take a trip there its small but the tanks are kept nice and so is the coral

the Hidden Reef
    4501 new falls road
    levittown,pa
    (never Go There)

The Fish facotry
    3021 Route 413
    bristol,pa
    (take the trip):cheesy:

2. Click Here!

3. hotboy

hotboy Plankton

is there some kind of list that we add to of stores in each state if there isn't there should be

4. MTips18

im not sure but i would like to know of all the good lfs in PA ome one tell me is there such a list

5. kFAMOUSK

kFAMOUSK Skunk Shrimp

yah i had a bad experiece with reefhotspot online sorry to hear about that. it always sucks to have a bad trip you know.

6. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

The ones in PA that I have been to and have had a good experience are..
    1. East Coast Aquatics: very nice selection of both fish and corals. People seem to know what they are talking about. Prices are average. Although some fish in the tanks don't look too good.
    2. That Fish and Pet Place: Awesome store! Great selection, all fish looked healthy and prices are good, although more expensive then on the website for some reason.
    3. Fraizer Zoo: Alright selection, there are a lot of corals on display, but many are just for fragging and not for sale. Fish area only run by one guy who seems really nice and knowledgable. Prices are a bit high.

I've been to a few others but they aren't worth visiting.

7. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

That Fish and Pet Place great store, both brick and mortar and online...
    Great customer service. I received a Current Nano 24 about a year ago for my b'day. I had problems with the lighting. They sent me an entirely new hood and I received it in one day.

8. Click Here!

9. MTips18

that pet place/fish place is one of my favorites its like a two hour drive for me but i love their fish room and they have the best customer service i can never say anything bad about that store no has answered my question about the list i think all the members should make one and give each store a rating on maybe tank quality, customer service, size, and how stuff they sell (just a thought)

10. reefman1132

reefman1132 Skunk Shrimp

Seems like all the stores i can find in pa are close to philly. I hope i can find something closer to me. i will definitely take the trip to That Pet Place when i stock though.

11. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I'll chime in on this one. I have not had any bad experiences at any Pet stores. There are four SW stores in my area.

Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor

The Shark Reef----Silverdale: Excellent. Great selection. Great prices. The best prices I have come across. And the staff is very helpful. If Eric (the owner) is not there, Matt is. I frequent this store for two reasons. One, it is a small business and I am a sucker for small businesses. Two, the prices. They give away RODI water at 10g per person per day. Another good customer service thing. And they accept returns for credit.

Petco---West Olympia: Fair. Good gish selection. Bad coral selection (A few rocks with something on them $40 each). The fish are generally sick with Ich by the weekend (order day is Thursday). The fish that survive are reasonably priced (on the low side). They sell live rock, but it is not by the pound, it is by the rock. $10, $20 and $30 rocks.

Aquatic Wonders----West Olympia: ????? Not even sure of the name. I cannot find them in the phone book. I just found out where it was though. I am going to visit on the weekend and post the results.

Aquarium Paradise----Tacoma: Excellent. Great fish selection. Very healthy fish. However, you pay for the health of the fish. It is one of the more expensive stores. But, you can be reasonably sure that what you purchase will live. Also, the coral selection is huge. But.......higher priced. It is twice what the Shark Reef is. But, like I said. Very, very healthy and well kept livestock. And the staff is very helpful and won't sell you something just to make money. On Thursday, the guy kept turning me away from some pricey corals (he knew my lighting).

So that's what I have in the Shelton, Washington area.

12. MTips18

we need to get a list going of these stores