~

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by schackmel, Oct 24, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

still working on the tank rebuild, but could not resist going to the local frag swap today to start replinishing!
    First thing we bought was the new Marineland LED light fixture for our 19g nano. It is pretty sweet! Not as bright as I thought it would be, but still cool and shimmers on the water.
    We bought a bunch of frags....many of them are being stored at a friends house until we can get everything going and make sure the water quality is good!
    Strawberry Shortcake
    Watermelon chalice
    superman meteor shower
    red chili monti
    several types of plating monti
    large green birdsnest
    red/white acan
    and couple other pieces ::)

some of the pieces are in our nano under the LED and will get pics of those once they settle in, the others will be a while before we get them back to get pics, but will post as soon as possible

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Congrats on getting going again. Sounds like you were able to get a good start on a colorful reef tank.

4. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Wow, Schackmel, that must have been a great frag swap IMO

Looking forward to seeing the images

you have corals for the new tank in various locations now, hope when the time comes you remember where they are all located ( I would be making notes if it where me)

Steve

5. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

It really was a good swap! There was a guy there that I had bought from this spring and I loved the coral that I got from him(superman meteor) that did not make it through the crash! Plus a lot of the prices could not be beat!

Hopefully the tank will be up and running today.....I pray.....at least the basic plumbing! We have changed our plans yet once again! We are going to go ahead and finish the basement over the winter so we will be doing the fish room once we get the plans completed for that. Until then, Curt is planning a manifold system so we can have the tank running now and then when we do the fishroom Curt can do his little magic and turn the sump into a large refugium and then have the filtration down stairs.....