911 dialed today...

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by bmshehan, Feb 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. barkrulz

barkrulz Astrea Snail

Was working out of town and got a simalar phone call, cops came and found foot prints around the house. I bought the wife a Ruger Redhawk .44 mag 7.5 inch barrel (i think it's 7.5 it's a long sucker anyway). She can't shoot for poop, but even if she just hits a shoulder the black talons are going to remove that arm. If she misses she will surely scare them to death, and since we have no neighbors for quite a ways around no worries about when the talon goes thru the house (GOD PLEASE DON'T HIT THE TANK) and shatters to pieces.

2. Click Here!

3. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

It does help depending on the theives, some just don't care. Leaving lights on timers in the house helps as well. When one shuts off another turns on & it changes during the week.

These messages help too, my friend has these signs posted:
    Outside his house: "Anyone found here at night, will still be lying here in the morning"

On his truck: "Warning, I only carry $20.00 worth of ammo"

On his front door: "Warning, Protected by Smith & Wesson"

On his back door: "American Sniper, Don't bother running, you're only going to die tired"

This is a house I would stay, well & clear from! lol...

4. ComputerJohn

I have some some of those stickers. I have done some alarm installs for friends in the past & still have some left.

5. ComputerJohn

Very True. Also, use mirrors that are mounted on walls to your advantage.

6. ComputerJohn

You bought your wife a Ruger Redhawk .44 mag 7.5 inch barrel! That's so wrong! lol... Had she shot it yet? Get the bad boy magnaported! It will cut the recoil by more than half! My main concern is her firing the first round, gun rolls back, front sight hits her on the face or the gun flys out of her hands & through your tank.

I have a S&W Model 29 .44mag that is magnaported and of course has some trigger work done to it as well. I can fire it one handed, with VERY little trigger pressure. Mind you, the barrel is only about 2 1/2 to 3" long.

7. nctinter

nctinter Skunk Shrimp

My dad sells security alarms and says that having a sign from the alarm manuf. in front of the house is one of the best deterants. As well as stickers on the windows. Having the actual alarm is a nice peace of mind. I like having mine more for when I am not at home. At least the siren is extremely loud and cops will be there in a few minutes. So hopefully they wont get too much of my stuff lol. I also have two dogs that no one wants to mess with. I too feel having a firearm in the house is the best way to protect yourself and family. I don't have one myself and probably never will however.

8. Click Here!

9. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

ComputerJohn... if you click on the quotation marks on the bottom right hand side of a reponse then click on another one, etc. it multi-quotes like I did above so you don't have to respond more than once. Just wanted to let you know;D

10. barkrulz

barkrulz Astrea Snail

yep i made her shoot thats why i know she can't shoot for poop. i suspected as much anyway. i considered buying a semi auto but i know it would slide bite her first shot and she'd drop it. So i figured i'd get her a hand cannon, that intimidates by mere sight, i magnaported it after her first time shooting it, but truthfully on that long ass barrel it still rolls up pretty well. All my firearm training is police, military & some personnal private protection, i never shoot one hand drills as all my drills are rapid aquire fire. lose to much time regaining sight picture one handing anything. GRIP, SIGHT PICTURE, TRIGGER CONTROL!

11. ComputerJohn

Ah. thank you so much. I have used different forum software & they are all vary in usage. Thanks for the heads up....

12. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

No prob, figured you just needed some guidance;)