911 dialed today...

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by bmshehan, Feb 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

Thats what a lot of people do.If you would live near me, I would give you a bunch of stickers.

2. Click Here!

3. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

I'll send you a SASE if you want to mail me some;D!!

Just got back from the police station. Filled out the info for my background check, I have to get in touch with them in a couple days to get interviewed and finger printed.

4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

That's great! ;D;D

I have one of these. Some models of these can be defeated by a good tap on the front with your knuckle. It was a bad batch from the manufacturer that has been corrected - but I still find them on the shelves... just test it before you buy.

For those that do have guns for home protection - take some time to practice sweeping the home with the gun (probably better unloaded for this). Pay attention to the back ground - you don't want to shoot through a wall and hit your own family. Know which walls are "safe" to shoot at and which angles to avoid, if possible, in a bad situation. Also pay attention to angles you can use to your advantage, things that you can hide behind for cover (i.e. no couches, but your fridge is rather resistent to penetration, etc.). Just as it's good to practice shooting from different positions, it's good to practice using your home layout to your advantage. Because if the time comes, you won't have time to think about it.

On a related note - my wife and I have talked about adding a fish room with an in-wall DT and that led to a discussion of using it as a sort of safe room... we joked that I might hesitate shooting through my tank...

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I would like to commend you 3Reefers for handling this discussion in a calm and orderly fashion.

This is a topic that could get heated if someone disagrees. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing on an issue as long the discussion remains just that.....A DISCUSSION.

Just a friendly reminder. ;)

1 person likes this.
  6. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

+2 on that.

7. bmshehan

Do you have one Scott? I never noticed. But then again, I've never tried to break in ;)!!

8. Click Here!

9. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Sorry to hear... Makes me sick to my stomach...

10. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

Are you crazy, with the stuff Otty has in the tank, I would have already tried to break in ;D.

11. bmshehan

Hmmmm.... interesting idea.... lol;D! As much as that guy has helped me out, he would be last on the list!! That would be a one way ticket to see this guy---------:devil:

12. JohnFritts

JohnFritts Peppermint Shrimp

Hi-Point Firearms
    Great gun to start with, not to mention you will be happy with the small investment. You can pick up a 9mm for about $125.00 to learn/train on then buy a more professional type later.

-fritts