90 Gallon Build Thread

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by ReefSparky, Jun 1, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

It just seems like theres no more room with the tank there. But then again, You have placed the tank in the middle of the stand, making it look like theres no room. What I did was, I placed the W/D--sump all the way to the left giving me the room to the right. Thats where I placed the refugium a month ago. Not to mention that my W/d--sump is 30" wide, where as yours is 36" wide. Forget what I said before, you did a great job!! Luna

2. Click Here!

3. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Good looking build sparky. Gonna be fun to watch it come together.

4. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Nice job on the DIY stand. That's just what my 2x4 DIY stand for my 55 looked like for the last 10 years until I moved and bought a cheapo one. Sides and doors never happened with my old stand.:cheesy:
    I'll be saving this thread so I can copy it if we do a 90. I was worried before about how to do this and having the overflow holes / bulkheads in the bottom of the tank not be in the way of the upper frame. I guess if they are far in enough, then they'll clear.

5. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

nice plans and great setup...i think u will need to consider doors on either side of the stand to make every inch under yer tank accessible. I recently put together a 90gal with a 20long tank as my sump and i got maybe 6-7 inches on each side of my sump...sounds like alot but it isnt much use to me cause i cant get to it easily. If i had doors on each side...that would have given me a better chance to make the space useable for a calcium reactor or such.

1 person likes this.
  6. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

You know, I've read your response a few times but it wasn't until right now that I read it again and took your meaning--you're saying to put doors on either side. That's good thinking. Since the left side is against a wall, I'll probably just put a door on the rt. side. That will give me access to the right edge of the sump area. Great idea, luvreefs23!! Thanks!

7. HORTON16

HORTON16 Sea Dragon

that is a good idea

Any pics on your progress?

8. Click Here!

9. plecosword

plecosword Plankton

Can't wait to see it up, looking great:)

10. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

11. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Small update. I've added a back and a bottom to the stand. I might just leave it as is for the foreseeable future. I'm going to fill the screw holes with plastic wood or some such filler, and I think that's that. I like the way it looks, and don't mind the sump being visible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

I've been waiting on these pics. Nice job again.