90 Gallon Build - Here We Go!

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by kcbrad, Dec 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Kacy's 90 Gallon (New Adds!)

Well...I got a new and bigger tank! I was trying to decide between a 75 long and a 90. I really wanted a 90 to have more room for fish, but I ultimately decided on the 75 long because it is lower and I can actually reach into it for maintenance - huge plus!

So, I got an Aqueon 90 gallon and a black pine stand. The stand has doors so it will hide all the junk. I'm going to buy the rest of the supplies off the internet (better prices) over the next few weeks or so. Now I'm trying to decide whether I will move my current fish over to the 90, or if I want two tanks so I can get all new fish. Hmmm...I don't know!

Woohoo, I'm so excited! I'll update this thread as things happen. Thanks for reading! :)

Update and to clarify: I originally bought a 75, but then when I went back to pick it up I decided to bring home a 90 instead. So I'm building a 90!

Dimensions: 48" L x 18" D x 25" high

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
    2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Woooohoooooo that's awesome KC! Psssh, you short people and your need for shorter tanks :p Good luck with the build! I'll definitely be camping out on this thread.

You did forget one thing...WHERE ARE THE PICS? :eek:

1 person likes this.
  4. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

i would have two! jmo

1 person likes this.
  5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I'm definitely thinking about having two. That would be fun....then I can get lots of new fish!! ;D

Pictures will come! I couldn't drive my SUV last night to pick up the tank because I think it has a flat tire or something, (my low tire pressure warning light came on) so I had to drive my little car and there was no way the tank and stand were going to fit in there.

I'm planning on picking up the tank and stand tomorrow. Then I will post pics!

1 person likes this.
  6. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

woohoo...I love build threads. Especially those with pics.

1 person likes this.
  7. NaClCrocodile

NaClCrocodile Skunk Shrimp

I'm just finishing the actual "build" on my 75, plumbing, overflow, sump, fuge, all that good stuff. What are the dimensions on a 75 long? Hope it's not too much longer than 48" because if you plan on going with T5, it's going to get more expensive. I really am excited about mine, I feel like I know every quirk and nuiance just from trial and error. How are you planning on doing equipment (everything from plumbing to lighting)?

Oh, and I don't have a build thread because the family cameras are KIA.

8. Click Here!

9. fishluver

fishluver Sea Dragon

I LOVE picking up and unboxing new tanks

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Oh, but the down side to having two tanks is that I'll have to cycle the new tank...Hummph...I don't like waiting...

11. bama

bama Humpback Whale

Awesome KC.. You beat me to the 75 build.. Mine will start after christmas.. I will follow this thread, and cant wait to see it..

BTW, did you ever get a started coral?

12. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I decided since I'm upgrading that I will wait on the coral for my 37 and get the corals for my new 75. I'm planning on getting a good protein skimmer, lots of power heads and good lights - so I figure corals will like that tank a lot better!

I look forward to following your 75 build. I beat you!!! :p