75 gallon tank set-up AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by coral reefer, Feb 17, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Ok, I have decided to set up my 75gallon tank again as a few months ago I lost my Pink-tailed Trigger, Nigger Trigger and Damsel fish as fast as I could add them to my tank!!! Ich was the culprit so I think, so the tank has been up with nothing in the water for about 3 months now with no filtration/heater etc. however, I have pods and some type of snail still living under those extreme conditions as my tank water is at 59degrees!
    So anyway, the tank is filled as I did a water change and turned the heater and skimmer on!!! Hopefully, with better results this time, I am going to do another reef tank instead of the fish only. For some reason I find reef tanks more rewarding and satisfying!!!
    Well, just updating ya and I will take pictures and show you the progress or lack there of that is taking place...Wish me luck!!!!This will probably just be a soft coral tank as I am just going to use regular fluorescents and 50/50 power compacts-experimentation tank!!!
    Best of luck fellow reefers!

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Sounds great!!! Looking forward to the pics.

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Glad to hear you are bringing another one alive, good luck!

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Thanks guys!
    I think I am going to do a specialized tank!!! A Caribbean biotope with just caribbean corals, inverts and fish!!! Should be interesting and hopefully it will work out!!! Geekdafied gave me the wonderful idea so I can't take all the credit!Hahahaaha
    I will again take pictures!

6. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

awesome, that sounds like a great idea!! Very intresting!

7. bouraganes

bouraganes Peppermint Shrimp

Good luck this time around!

8. Click Here!

9. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I would do 260w PCs and skip the NO fluorescents and have ricordeas and gorgonias.

10. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

UPDATE:
    Ok the tank is set up and is at the right temp and salinty! I went out and purchased a nice piece of live rock from the Eva Islands and 2 Sargeant Majors to help with the cycle!!!
    Now I have to wait...still waiting...and waiting still!

I am still waiting for the tank to cycle...
    Oh, come on, I am still waiting...why hasn't my tank cycled yet?????? It has been a few minutes... getting a drink of water while I continue to wait*&%#@%
    Oh, let me check my tank to see if it has cycled yet............................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Nope, not yet!
    This is down right pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It has been atleast a couple more minutes since I started this post, maybe it has cycled now...let me go check...hold on fellow reefers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    UMMMMMMMMMMMMM...I need to do something to take my mind of the tanks cycling process!!!
    As soon as this tank cycles, I will get a Bottlenose Dolphin to place in my tank! I have it on backorder from Seaworld...they said it will be in last Saturday and then I can have it shipped here via Pony express!!! Does the Pony Express take long to deliver like FEDEX???
    Wai just a minute while I check on my tanks cycling and where it stands, one nation under God with liberty and justice for all!!! WHOOPS: where did that come from?
    So anyway, this one guy walks into a bar and says can I have a TAB> to which the puzzled bartender replied, what do you mean a TAB, you just got here and didn't order anything yet, so how can I get you a TAB????????????
    HELLO!!!!!!!Get it a Tab...the drink back in the 80's, bartender thought I wanted to pay of my tab...hahahaha
    BOULYAH
    Oh, let me check on my tank already to see if it is done cycling now...surely it is done now...By the way...who is Sherly!!!!!
    Oh, sorry, I wrote that
    BRB............that is abbreviation for Be right back if you didn't know that already!!!!Already, ready for what? what are you already for?????
    Oh yeah, for me to check on the status of my tanks cycling...Ok, I'll check, gee you don't have to be pushy...cheeky!
    Ok, yes, awesome thank goodness, I have toilet paper in the house!
    Did you know that if the phone doesn't ring..it's me>hahaha
    Hey, that is a song by Jimmy Buffett! Do you guys like Jimmy Buffett?
    Come on let's all sing a Jimmy Buffett song while we wait for my tank to cycle!! Ready...1-2-3 here we go now! Wait...hold everything, where are we going? Oh, to Disney World cool, but I can't go...I have to wait for my tank to cycle!
    How is your tank doing? Mine is doing pretty good so far, thanks for asking! I am just waiting for my tank to cycle!
    Anyone know what time it is in Bangladesh? I here the weather in Outer Mongolia is pretty cold right about now and it is dark outside my window.
    Do you say Tomatoe or tomato. Did you know the human brain weighs 5 pounds. Do GMC vans get good gas mileage?
    Well I have to go check my tank now. I don't want to take up to much more of your time here so I will let you go now and I will be sure to update you later, say in about a minute or later, so goodnight sleep tight and stay here and watch your computer here at 3reef for my estimated time of arrival back here> Come on I said goodnight...why are you still here?
    Oh that's right you are waiting for me to check on my tank!
    AAAAAHHHHHH, what am I suppose to check for in my tank?
    See you are still here, don't you have something you could be doing right about now that is constructive?
    Ok, I am going now because I can't just wait here at my computer for you to check and see if your tank has cycled yet!
    By the way, what does cycling mean... Oh, yeah! when you ride a bike...no?
    I know some people who have cycled steroids! That is bad to do!!!
    Talk to you later fellow reefers!

11. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I think everyone agrees with me on this one, hahaha....

LAY OFF THE CRACK!!!!

Somebody sold you the WRONG dope or something, hahaha

12. 4G1v3N

4G1v3N Spaghetti Worm

Man whatever your on I WANT SOME!!! Why you holdin out on your reefin homies...LOL...pony express hahaha.