75 display tank with 55 display refugium below

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Badcat1058, Oct 30, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Badcat1058

Badcat1058 Plankton

I am planning a system with my 75 and 55 gallon tanks. Display above and display refugium below. Right now I am gathering parts and planning a stand, should start building in January. All depends if I don't shatter any glass drilling holes. If so I will still have 3 panes of glass to build a plywood tank and still have the 55 for a sump. I will post pics when I start building but am on a budget so it will take some time and meanwhile I can do research. I had a reef tank in the 80's but a lot has changed, even built my own protein skimmer as there were a few on the market and not cheap either. I just wanted to start this thread as to get feedback from this great community. As I have some questions I will post them here. Have been looking at equipment and plan on getting all external except for the heater. I am setting up the 75 with soft and LPS corals and lots of macro algae with the 55, still not sure what to put below as far as inverts go. Dry rock above and live rock below. Trying the red sea reef program as it has a lot of good reviews and have seen the videos and it makes a lot of sense. Sorry for any misspelled words, was a construction worker not a English teacher. :cool:

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Look forward to seeing progress. I like the idea of the dispkay refugium.