72 Gallon Lighting VHO???

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by bigbair45, Sep 1, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

Never mine I see 72 gallon

2. Click Here!

3. the fisherman

the fisherman Vlamingii Tang

+1 with mat at least 3 110 watts or greater

4. bigbair45

bigbair45 Plankton

The filter i have is a Tidepool 1. The bio-wheel in it is super nasty....from the previous owner would you suggest getting a new one or deleting it entirely??? Can i just get new media for it or just clean it like in vinegar?

5. mattheuw1

mattheuw1 Montipora Capricornis

One thing that makes t5s more efficient than most lighting is that they have individually contoured reflectors. The fishneedit lights do not have these. Therefore I would not suggest them for your tank. try to get some t5s with individual reflectors for each bulb. I believe the nove pro has them.

6. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

You can, but i dont like to run bio wheels in a reef tank, if you forget to clean it, it will cause a HUGE nitrate spike in the tank which can be dangerous, look in the DIY thread at my HoB fuge, if you did the HoB fuge and HOB skimmer you would be all set.

7. oceanparadise1

The ones one the pro dont have them either, have you ever really looked at them?? It one piece of metal thats said to be bent.....Sorry its really not slrs, i have about 3 friends using the fishneedit.com lights with great results, they are the same as the NEP

8. Click Here!

9. bigbair45

bigbair45 Plankton

Fishneeit.com is out of stock of the 4 footers i need i will be getting this one when the new model becomes available.....

10. hydrojeff

hydrojeff Montipora Capricornis

my brother bought the fishneedit lights and a week later the LEDs went out, they have no warranty but they sent him a replacement one anyway, he installed them and a month later they blew again, also his splash shield is cut too narrow and falls out, however i love my nova extream pro, they say the bulbs are no good but have treated my corals fine... just my .02
    p.s. i have the 72 gallon as well

11. oceanparadise1

I truly believe he jsut got unlucky. All 3 of my buddies have had NOT ONE problem with them and have been running them for a while. THe Nova are the exact same thing IMO for more money.

12. hydrojeff

hydrojeff Montipora Capricornis

its all good, but even my brother that has had many systems that he maintanes with different light set ups says they are cheap, dont know ive never seen one in person im just saying dude...