64 million pounds of nerve and mustard agents in the sea

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 6, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I can't believe this. Got something nasty? Just dump it in the ocean. :mad:

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/news/nation/13070288.htm

2. Click Here!

3. kb.bear

kb.bear Peppermint Shrimp

Does anyone in a goverment post ever really think about the repercussions of their actions?
    If the goverment admits too 64m then you can bet that there is at least double that has been dumped.
    How do you Loose records that tell you were a global life threatning dump is?

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Matt, alot of this junk is 20 miles from you ;) They dumped a TON of radioactive stuff, including paint from the boats that were at Bakinini Atoll nuclear tests right outside the Golden Gate.

5. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Any normal law-abiding citizen would think that we have the best military in the world, but are now probably shocked to hear of this stupid act. I could just imagine the repercussions this will have on sea wild-life.

You know, ever since I started building my reef, and looking at all the wonderful, beautiful corals out there for sale, evertime I hear of something polluting the ocean, it makes me stop and think of all the corals that will die. Before, I just didn't care.

Sad. :(

6. kb.bear

kb.bear Peppermint Shrimp

At this rate a Reefers home will be the only place to see coral and fish

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

OMG...this is just perfect...right when some changes are occuring to save the reefs the government decides to remember that they dumped a timebomb of death all over the world...well....if you ask me im not going swimming anymore...

8. Click Here!

9. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

I ususally have some 'other sided' viewpoint to offer on a lot of the liberal press articles, however, I have nothing quipy to offer here! It is a disgrace! You bet your bippy they know where they all are and how much. No doubt. :eek: :-/ Tragic and frightening!

10. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

The USA is comprised of such a diverse group of people with some of the most intelligent people in the world, It is just to bad that our government is comprised of all the idiots. :-[ :-[ What a shame!! :-[ :-[ :mad: :mad: John

1 person likes this.
  11. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

I have someting quippy to say. There is no excuse for what they did. However there is NO safe place to dump that stuff. Where do you put a hundred tons of radioactive waste? Where do you think the discharge of ALL ships nuclear and non nuclear go when they are greater than 12 miles from land? Overboard thats where. Cruise ships, Navy ships, Commercial ships every boat and ship discharges their waste overboard except when they are within the 12 mile limit.
    The population of man is growing to the point where it will one day take over the world. What will happen then? But I guess that's another subject. It's ok to be liberal as long as you have the money to pay for what you think is right.

Jim

12. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

well they could put it in space ( a bit expensive) they can burry it...erm well at least it will only effect the mole people ...ugh...they could have done stuff that doesnt effect everyone, think about it the ocean is where most rain comes from 2 lol...ugh this is not good