60 gal,update pics,new additions.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by BluePhish, May 27, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BluePhish

BluePhish Teardrop Maxima Clam

new corals added 4 days ago got the new corals for free from a fellow reefer, pink candy coral about 20 heads, blue mushroom, button polyps, and tiny frag of green hydnopora( my first sps coral, to test what my lights can handle.)
    new fish were added 1 week ago female scooter dragonet, and true coral goby,
    also added some more rock, and replaced all my t5 ho bulbs from current to uvl super actinic and actinc whites,50/50.
    by looking at the pic does it appear that those button polyps are getting to much light. could that be why they are slightly folded in?

also if you could help me on a quick question so idont have to start a thread for a simple question. i was also given a huge ball of cheato, i took it even thou i dont have any were to put it. would it be possible to run my out put from my hot skimmer in to a diy hot fuge? then have it over flow back in to the tank, basically just for some pod production, dont really need it for nutrient export, but could help. ideally i know it should be befor the skimmer, but im hoping this would help reduce the amout of god forsaken
    mf en micro bubbles that ablsolutly make be want to pull my hair of my head and stuff it in the output tube.
    (click the pic to see the whole slide show!)
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. BluePhish

only 18 views and no comments, c'mon i added pics. lol

3 people like this.
  4. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

Nice pics mate!!! karma!!:)

5. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Tank looks nice and clean. You can just put the chaeto in DT. Unless, you have something that will eat it. And I think your idea will work.

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I agree, I currently have a ball of cheato in my corner overflow chamber. Luna

7. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

8. Click Here!

9. antonym518

antonym518 Purple Spiny Lobster

10. BluePhish

ha , thanks guys, cool im gonna get started on that fuge tonite. think i may just take the demensions of one of those expensive hot fuge setups and make it similar to that.ill be sure to post pics when im done.
    oh yeah i actully put a very small piece of cheato in my main tank by my shell pile, just to see if it would be gone and the snails never seemed to touch it. but i got alot of branching corals that it could tangle its self in.

11. Uvajed

Uvajed Flamingo Tongue

It's probably because you spelt fish wrong. LOL! Nice tank, I'm a noob, can't answer your questions properly, but love the thread!

12. Godbert

Godbert Montipora Capricornis