(6) TF HO 39W w/ Mushroom Coral

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Malachi, Sep 24, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Malachi

Malachi Sea Dragon

Just added Star Poyls and a rock with some large mushrooms. The mushrooms are small anf flat against the rock. i have them at the bottom of the tank (36" deep) and now thinking they are not getting enough light. I always though mushroom like very little light. I do have a brain coral at the same level for years, the T5 are new and it is still doing the same as it was with the MH. Any advice on proper placement

2. Click Here!

3. apollo'sowner

apollo'sowner Feather Duster

When I add new mushrooms it can take anywhere from 3-7 days before they open up completely and some species I have noticed take longer than others. I have 2x36wt PC 50/50 over a 20cube and the mushrooms at the bottom are doing great with that light. I believe, if I am not mistaken, that most mushrooms don't require alot of light.
    The mushrooms in a friends 240gl were burning up under 2x400MH, even those that were at the bottom. We placed them at the very ends where the light hardly reaches and they are doing better.
    Greens do better with more light than reds I notice.