6 line wrasse NOT EATING

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by HayNZ, Mar 17, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. HayNZ

HayNZ Astrea Snail

Hi guys,

A couple of weeks ago I noticed ICH in my tank so promptly put all my fish in a separate tank to be treated. The white spots seem to have disappeared as I have been treating them with a copper based medication

My issue is my six line wrasse. He seems to stay at the bottom of the tank, he moves around occasionally but doesn't move off the bottom at all. His breathing pace seems normal and he looks healthy but I have also not seem him eat anything over the last few days.

Any suggestions? Should I be giving him a special kind of food or something to entice him to eat? All the other fish in the tank are eating fine.

Thanks guys.

2. Click Here!

3. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

What are you feeding??Are there aggresion issues in the qt?Be carefull not to overfeed at this point.Very important when treating with copper.
    Have you checked water chemistry?Does it have a place to sleep/hide in the qt?

4. HayNZ

HayNZ Astrea Snail

I have been feeding a mixture of frozen marine tucker (muscles, shrimp etc), pellet food and norri (mostly for my yellow tang). There are definitely no aggression issues as far as I can tell.
    I have been doing water changes every couple of days and the water chemistry seems to be good and stable.
    Maybe I have been feeding too much? I have been giving them less than before they went into the QT tank but maybe I'm still giving them too much?

5. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Just be very carefull.Fish can go for days and some for weeks without alot to eat.Veggies are fine and far less of an ammonia threat.

Try increasing surface agitation.

6. HayNZ

HayNZ Astrea Snail

Ok, thanks for your help :)

7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

you could try dipping the food in garlic - that may entice the fish to eat but follow advice given in making sure not to feed too much. Copper is a pretty heavy duty medication and I'm sure it can affect a fish's appetite

Vinnyboombatz likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Phil077

Phil077 Plankton

Good advice given there. to late for my tank all dead. Very best of luck with yours!

10. dienerman

dienerman Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

As Vinny alluded to above, you may want to put a few pieces of PVC pipe or something for them to hide in while in QT. This can reduce stress during treatment.

Vinnyboombatz likes this.