55Gallon Stand And Canopy

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Brandmaner, Apr 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Brandmaner

Brandmaner Astrea Snail

Anyone got any good layouts for a good Canopy and stand for a 55gallon tank? My grandfather is going to help me make one out of Oak will post loads of pics on the updates of it if I can find a good design I like.. I want the stand to be wide enough to fit a 20L in the bottom of it from a extra door that I want on both ends and front. That way I can slide it in and out when having to move... if ever :p lol. Well thanks in advance!

2. Click Here!

3. szrazzt

szrazzt Purple Spiny Lobster

You may need to make the stand extra deep if you want to be able to slide a 20 long out the side door of a 55 stand.

The 20 long is 12 inches deep from front to back (actually a touch more) and the 55 is only 13 inches.I dont think you can get the needed support with only 1 inch of support front to back. If you make the stand big enough for a 75 or 90 gallon tank (19 inches front to back) you would have the room to slide it out the side. Of you could simply build a really solid frame and not worry about center bracing. Then you can slide the 20 long in the front no problem. Or you could make the center brace removable if not having it concerns you.