55Gal Need Help!

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Information' started by secuono, Aug 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. secuono

secuono Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have a 55Gal tank with a 90Gal biofilter, plants floating moss, etc.

1 Male Rainbow Shark, 1 Female Opaline Gourami, 1 High Fin Pleco, 8 Black Skirt Tetra, 1 Black Kuhli Loach and a pair of Koi Swordtails.

Also, my Banana plant isn't doing that well, it gets medium light, 7.2-7.5pH and medium hard water, what can I do to make it grow?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

hello Secuono

I think Ill re locate this post to the freshwater section for you hope you dont mind?

I am not familiar with all the common names of the fish species you have used above
    so am unable to help you directly with this enquiry

Steve

4. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

Everything should be fine. The only thing to worry about is the angels and there long fins. they might get picked on a little but, but nothing that will really be cause of concern. My best suggestion is just keep an eye you and make sure everythings going good.

5. mattheuw1

mattheuw1 Montipora Capricornis

3 Pictus, 1 Rainbow Shark, 4 Angels of varying colors
    AND
    maybe 2-3 groups of---powder blue dwarf, dwarf, flame dwarf or neon blue
    OR
    Boesemani with 1 small group of---powder blue dwarf, dwarf, flame dwarf or neon blue

Pictus get mean, very mean. i have about a 7 incher in my 125gallon and he rules the tank. He is not even close to the biggest either. For a while the above combo will work. That is slightly overstocked too. I would try to stay under 12 fish in a 55. The pictus can get quite large, depending on the exact species, most are mislabeled. You can mix and match however you want, i would stick with only 2 pictus though. Mine recently killed my 7" fancy tail goldfish and it was bad, real bad, michael jackson. Guaramis can be fin nippers too.

6. secuono

secuono Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Do the Kuhlu Loaches need to be in groups?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  7. Jane Fury

Jane Fury Plankton

Kuhli's are sociable fish. Not schoolers, per say - But they do enjoy hanging out with other Kuhli's. They are kinda cliquey.