50/50 or 10,000K

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Fishez, May 10, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Fishez

Fishez Bristle Worm

I got my new Coralife PC today and it came with the wrong bulb , it was suppose to come with a 50/50 but it came with a 10,000k . I was wondering which one is better for an anemone and maybe getting some live rock soon . PS this is the third question ive posted and I learn something new every time , thanx for the help ppl.

2. Click Here!

3. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

The only difference in a 10K bulb and a 50/50 bulb is that the 50/50 will be half actinic(blue) half white. So it will give you a balance of the two. If you don't have some blue in the tank the tank might not be too pretty. If the fixture only has one bulb I would get in touch with the Coralife manufacturer guys and tell them your light came with a wrong bulb and you want another bulb. If it has two bulbs you should have one true 03 actinic and one 10K bulb. I assume by your post the fixture holds one bulb only. If you have any more questions post them up.

4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Hey Fishez, I have a lot of questions about your tank. instead of me asking I was wondering if you could add then to your profile (see the bottom of my post it has all my tank info) At the very bottom of you profile page there is a signature box just type in things like tank size lighting, and other hardware stuff.

If ya do it I'll give ya some Karma. :)

It just means every time you post you don't have to answer a lot of questions about your tank.

Thanks Man
    J

5. Fishez

Fishez Bristle Worm

ok wheres my Karma man ! lol

6. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Thanks Fishez,
    I would avoid the anemone purchase, Unfortunatly a 65W PC just isn't enough light for them. Does the XH mean extra high?

Jason

7. Fishez

Fishez Bristle Worm

yeah its an extra high tank