4 bulb t5 API combo

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by Jsieger89, Dec 26, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jsieger89

Jsieger89 Plankton

Recently went to lfs and purchased some new bulbs... I got a (from front to back) blue plus, coral plus, blue plus , purple plus! I'm pleased with the looks expecaly since I'm upgrading from junky zoo med lights but I'm wondering am I missing any thing in the spectrom? any thoughts on what u guys might change and y? Thanks for the input look forward to reading y'all's replies

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Nope, not missing anything. :)

BTW, if you have corals in your tank, they may need light-acclimating to prevent bleaching with the upgrade as your PAR levels will be quite a bit higher.

4. Jsieger89

Jsieger89 Plankton

I have alredy been running a 4 hour light cycle! My kids told me to put 2 bulbs in and if it didn't look a lot brighter go ahead and change all 4 whitch I did! any other tips besides the same 4 hr light cycle to prevent bleaching! also does it just come down to preference as to the coral plus vs other bulb choices I have seen people run? Seems most are running the 2 blue plus an then the other 2 bulbs it vetoed between aqua blues I believe and another I can't think of right now! I read somthing sonewhere that made me think I might be missing somthing in the 200-300 range I think it said that would make my greens not pop

5. tattoolew

tattoolew Sea Dragon

nope sounds good to me, I would up my light cycle slowly to between 7-10 hours.

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

sounds good to me! I have a similar set up except I have a second coral plus and not a purple plus.

7. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

Yeah it's definitely a good combo. I would run the blues for 10 hours and the others for 8 hours, making the blues turn on and off an hour before and an hour after the others do.

8. Click Here!

9. Jsieger89

Jsieger89 Plankton

I was fighting some hair algy. When I first dropped my light cycle it dermaticaly redused my hair algy. But now I'm not gaining on it....